Transportation by road offers you higher flexibility and door-to-door service. It is relatively easier to track goods, safe and sound consignments, schedule the transportation and pay the relevant fees. The single customs document procedure provides a seamless movement of goods even across various states and countries.
Road Freight provides several advantages over other modes of transportation that includes :
– Cost-effectiveness. Quite cheap compared to all the other modes.
– Quick and scheduled delivery
– Local, region-specific, cross- border, long or short haul deliveries even in rural areas
– Flexible services. Multiple stations can offer flexibility in deliverance.
– Saving in Packing Cost compared to other modes. Other modes of transport require a higher cost of packing due to various reasons.
– Easy to track and trace the truck of one’s cargo
– Comprehensive door-to-door service and it is one of the more economical options of transport.
However, road transport is limited as to what it can carry by the size and weight of the vehicles used. Another constraint is that it is affected by weather limitations, road conditions and traffic. Also, long distances are not time-efficient especially when traffic is involved.